Tenancy Advice - Inspection

apartments * condominiums * suites * houses * rooms
sublets * vacation rentals * shared accommodation

apartment guide .ca
Vancouver Apartments for Rent

Translate to Spanish Translate to German Translate to Japanese Translate to French Translate to Chinese Translate to Korean

Advice for Tenants - Popular Subjects -
Starting Tenancy:
During Tenancy:
Ending Tenancy:


Tenancy Problems - Inspection

 Related Legal Forms Provided by LawDepot.com
- Residential Rental Inspection Report
Q: I am moving into a new apt which I signed a lease for April 01. I am moving in on the 2, but everytime I have asked about filling a Condition Inspection Report, I get no answer. I don't want to get charged for things I have not damaged. What should I do?
A: At the beginning of the tenancy and again at the end, the landlord and tenant are required to inspect the rental unit together and fill out a condition and inspection report Form RTO 27. The report must be signed and dated and each party is to keep a copy.
The right of a landlord to claim for damages against a security deposit or pet damage deposit no longer exists if the landlord does not provide 2 opportunities to complete the form, does not participate, or doesn't complete the report and give the tenant a copy of the report in accordance with the time limit set out.


More Q/A - Inspection

Copyright © 2001 - 2017 apartmentguide.ca - Vancouver Apartments for Rent